Monday, July 24, 2023

Bonuses in 3D!



 You should have read the "3D" part in a booming echoing voice. If you didn't, you can go back and do it now. Go ahead, I'll wait...

See how much better that is?

This week we have a View-Master set (2737) from Walt Disney World with bonus reels and we have another bonus as well, thanks to a request from Sue!

I think the View-Master set was produced in 1971, when the park was brand new and still had that "new park smell." There were originally seven reels included, but when I picked it up at an antique mall, there were...10!!! What was extra? Well let's take a look!

By the way, I took an example photo of each reel. The photos stink, but they'll give you an idea of the reels (I hope). I wish I could show you the sharp 3D glory of the original reels, but you'll have to use your imagination...


First....the plastic box!


The plastic box...OPENED!


To get a better look at the writing, I "enhanced" the pictures. You're welcome.


Here we have a typical Main Street view...albeit a little blurry...


I'm arranging these in the order that I typically attack the park. Next is Adventureland!


And, yes, this is uaually our first ride of the day!


The Frontierland reel is funny because three of the seven scenes are of The Country Bears.


I chose to skip them entirely.


Liberty Square is, of course, unique to The Magic Kingdom.


I don't think this happens there any more. They have it at The American Adventure at Epcot.


Now let's stroll over to Fantasyland...


...and check out the best version of this ride ever!


Now we'll go to Tomorrowland. ...uh....wait... For some reason GAF decided to not include a Tomorrowland reel with the set. Instead, we get "Walt Disney Characters."


Yes, Mickey used to greet people at the entrance. 


The very popular Haunted Mansion got it's own reel. I have heard that the pictures are actually of the Disneyland version.


So I'm going to share the only one that I'm sure is actually from Walt Disney World.


And now we get to the first bonuses! My box included not one, but TWO Disneyland reels! They are exactly the same reel, though.


I decided to show one of my favorite lost attractions...


And, lastly, we have this nifty preview reel!


Unfortunately, the film has gone very magenta, but the Travel Fun! slide features a Disney view not found on the other reels.


Next we have a throwback to a couple of weeks ago. If you remember, I shared a Little Golden Book treasury. Sue wanted to see the whole story of Donald Duck in Disneyland, so her wish is my command! Here it is in all of it's not very entertaining glory! Also featured is my not very entertaining left thumb.







As you can see, the story and pictures were produced before the park was open, so they are short on details and accuracy. Still, it's kind of cute, I guess. Thanks for the suggestion, Sue!

So until next time, keep searching for treasure!

2 comments:

  1. Stu, THANK YOU for including the Donald Duck book - I love it! BTW, the Moonliner looks menacing in dark gray, doesn't it?!

    Your View-Master reels are fun! I see that Pluto is STANDING UP on the Dumbo ride! BAD DOG, BAD BAD DOG!!!

    Thanks, Stu!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But of course! I should have done it originally, but I got a case of the "lazies."
      Yes, I'm afraid Mickey might have to get out the spray bottle!

      Delete

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.