Saturday, July 15, 2023

Knott's Bits

 Well, last week's post didn't exactly make a huge stir, so I think I'll make this week's even more boring! In all honesty, it seems like the summer months run a little lighter in views anyway, so why not post about slightly less interesting stuff?

For this week, I have some items that I collected just because they have the name "Knott's Berry Farm" on them. They're not real vintage, but they're still kind of nice. I picked them up at a couple of garage sales. Whanna see 'em? Huh? Huh? Well here we go!




First we have this tiny tea cup and saucer. As I said, it's not horribly old because they're using the "new" logo. Of course that logo went into use around 1978, so there could be a little age there. This cup and saucer is a pretty standard souvenier item, and I've actually seen the exact same one decked out with New Orleans decals. In doing my usual in depth research job, I found out that I'm actually missing the most interesting part of the set (at least to me). Here's an eBay listing with all of it...

Yep, I gots no teapot. Do I want it enough to order it? Probably not, so I'll stick with the picture...

The next items are these:



Full sized coffee cups! Again, with the "new" logo. I get the feeling these are much newer than the tiny tea set. Still, they're nice and functional. For some reason I thought these might not have come directly from the park, but been in a berry jam gift set. I can almost remember seeing something like that... But when I tried to look that item up, it apparently only existed in my fevered brain. Indeed most post claim they DID come from the park, so what the heck do I know? By the way, I do like their jam a lot...

Of course there should be four, but I've only ever owned three. I suspect number four met it's doom on a kitchen floor at some point. Such is life...

Anyway, these aren't exactly standout pieces from my collection, but they're kind of fun anyway. They also prove that if you slap a logo on something, some goofball will end up buying it just because of the logo. Yes, I am that goofball.

So until next time, keep searching for treasure!


4 comments:

  1. Your one missing cup is probably owned by the person who has your missing tea pot. They need to drink out of something!

    These are fun. Anything Disneyland or Knott's Berry Farm - instantly makes me happy because it reminds me of my childhood trips to Southern California - my favorite place to be.

    Thank you, Stu!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would take A LOT of those tiny pots to fill up that cup, lol!

      Delete
  2. Tetley used to have an advertising jingle that went, "I like those tiny little tea leaves, in Tetley Tea!" It's all I can think of looking at that tiny little teacup.

    ReplyDelete

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.