Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Another Redline Haul!

 One of the great things about being retired is that I can go to estate sales on Thursday mornings, when they typically start. Therefore, when I spot a picture like this on an estate sale site...


I can say, "Hey, there are a couple of Redline Hot Wheels in there! I should go check that out!" And, indeed, I did!

At the last sale, I was required to buy a whole big bag of cars to get the couple I really wanted. This time, they were selling them at about four bucks each. Actually, I got a discount, so they averaged 2.66 a car! Here's what I got...


Let's take a closer look, shall we?

These two Redline Hot Wheels were missing parts. More on that later...


First we have a great example of a 1969 Hot Wheels "Classic 57 T-Bird." This one in in aqua and is in pretty good shape!



Next we have a Hot Wheels Heavyweights "Tow Truck" from 1970. This is one that was missing parts, but reproduction parts are easy to come by, so here you go!



Now we have our other car that was missing a part (and the one I first saw in the estate sale picture) a 1974 Hot Wheels "Ice T." Again, reproduction parts finish it out.



Now this next car was originally a "Custom AMX II," but in 1975 it was renamed the "Warpath." I got two, but neither are in great shape.



Another 1975 Hot Wheels is this "American Victory." The bi-centennial was a big deal.



Now, let's switch to Matchbox, shall we? I only really like the standard wheel older cars. This is a 1967 release of the "Ford Galaxie." 



And we have a very nice example of a 1965 to 1969 "Dodge Wreck Truck." The paint is good and the plastic hook is still intact.



Finally, we switch to a 1969 Corgi Juniors Monkeemobile! I have a 1970 example with Whizzwheels, but this one, with standard wheels, is in much better condition. I also like the look of the standard wheels better.



With my other example...


That's about it for this week! I guess it's about time to start checking out the sales again. 

Until next time, keep searching for treasure!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great find. I absolutely love vintage Hot Wheels cars, and had a bunch when I was a kid. I still remember the thrill when my dad came home with one Hot Wheels car for my brother and one for me. Mine was a purple Twinmill that I still have, though it has lots of wear.

    I have a special fondness for the earlier cars, and I do covet the Classic 57 T-Bird! It’s funny, by 1975 my family had moved out of California and I just stopped collecting HW cars, but I never stopped liking them.

    I’m glad you know about the replacement part market out there, if you have a cracked windshield or missing wheel, you can get a repro that will make your treasure look great again. It’s not about collectibility in those cases, but just about restoring things you care about.

    Corgi cars were awesome too, I have my VERY beat up small Batmobile. I know we had a Yellow Submarine, and maybe a Black Beauty too. I never had a Monkeemobile, though I do love those.

    Super fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Major!
      I'm glad you still have your Twinmill! I think purple was about the coolest color they made. I remember I had a purple Beatnik Bandit as a kid that I loved. On a side note, I didn't know what a "mill" was nor a "Beatnik" when I was a kid, but I still liked the names!
      The Corgi's always seemed pretty classy to me, being from England and all!

      Delete

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.