Saturday, April 1, 2023

Building the Moonliner- Part One

 Years and years ago I edited the newsletter for my local rocket club, the Dallas Area Rocket Society (DARS). During this time, I was able to wed my love for Disneyland and rockets by building a working model of the TWA Moonliner. I wrote a two part article on that adventure, which I would like to pull from the archives (attic?) and share here. I hope you enjoy it! Here is part one!



That's it for this week! Next week we'll have the conclusion!

Until next time, Keep searching for treasure!

2 comments:

  1. If only I had the room and skill to build such a thing! I'd love it. I still think it would be cool to have a tiny red LED at the very tip of the rocket, but then again, it would be a lot of effort (and additional weight?) for not much results I guess.

    I'm looking forward to seeing part two, and the finished rocket in all its glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I could find a light small enough. I think I really might use the "taillight paint." It looks like glass and I can use just a tiny dot!
    Thanks! Part 2 coming tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.