Sunday, June 26, 2022

Hey, Hey It's the Monkees- Part 546

 Just when you thought we were done with those madcap kids and their crazy GTO, I go and stumble across another one. Sorry about that.

This one is a version that I haven't covered yet, the Corgi Juniors Whizzwheels Monkeemobile! (feel free to clap). Here she is...


Here they come...driving down the street...

...getting funniest looks from....everyone they meet....

...Hey hey its the Corgi Juniors Whizzwheels Monkeemobile!

This is a pretty good example because all of the guys are inside. Amazingly, kids constantly pulled them out and lost them.

See? All four!


By the way, it's the exact same scale as the Johnny Lightning version. 

This version was made in Great Britain by Corgi Toys in 1970. It was a smaller version of their number 277 Monkeemobile, which is pretty much the exact car, only larger. 

I happened upon mine in a pile of cars (mainly Matchbox) that I picked up at a yard sale a while back. I then put them away and kind of forgot about them until I stumbled across them a couple of days ago. So, in the spirit of completeness, I bring it to you!

Speaking of completing, as a kid, I had the Corgi 277 (which I pulled the guys out of...go figure) and I might need to complete the Monkeemobile collection with one of those... hmmm...

So until next time, I'm searching for Monkee-treasure!

7 comments:

  1. There's always room for more Monkeemobile! The tiny figurines are amazing - just enough detail to guess who's who.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! And always room for more Corgis!
      Yeah, Corgi was good about providing little people with their celebrity cars! They're made out of an interesting rubber like substance (it could actually be rubber as far as I know) that I've only found in their figures. Pretty cool, really!

      Delete
  2. What was the difference between "Whizzwheels" Corgi cars and the regular ones? As far as I can tell they look about the same! Which is to say that they look great, Corgi toys were the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh once again Blogger does not publish my comment as me, Major Pepperidge. WHY?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, Major, but it even makes me put my name manually. Why? I suspect Commies.
    Whizzwheels were supposed to be faster because the axils were smaller (less friction), they were hard plastic, and had a little ridge the car ran on (the friction thing again). Did it work? Not really. Hot Wheels would still blow their doors off! Still, it was an effort. Yeah, Corgis always seemed a lot classier to me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder why Blogger never gives me a issue? Probably my steam-powered coconut computer, which I believe was Army surplus from the War of 1812.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the one the Professor mocked up on The Island? Seemed to work pretty well!

      Delete

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.