Sunday, December 5, 2021

Slots o' Fun!

 In previous recent posts I've shared some new slot cars that I happen to have. Now, in the spirit of completeness, I shall share a few more. 

I haven't actually run any cars in a long long time, but they are cool, so I keep them around. Will I ever run them again? I certainly hope so.

Now, for six more cars...

First, we have this AFX 1970 Camaro. I got this car from a little toy shop a couple of miles from my house when I was a kid. I walked there and back uphill in the snow (full disclosure, there was no snow nor hills)
Next we have a Tyco Corvette. I actually raced this one at DP&W's Flying Boxcar Hobby Shop. It was very fast, but I don't think I won. I was a little older kid.
I got this Vette as a kid as well. It's an AFX, but I don't remember where I got it or exactly when. The "space tape" stripes were my addition.
I really wish I had the radiator and front bumper to this Woody dragster. This AFX car uses a special stretched chassis. Another kid car.
This one is an adult car. I actually bought it a couple of years ago. It was made by Auto World, who now makes very cool AFX style cars. You may recognize it as Christine, from Stephen King. Oooooooo, spooooooky!
Another adult car. I found this Nomad in an old AFX race set that I picked up at a thrift store a few years ago. It is missing its grille as well, but it still looks cool.

Is this all? Well, actually no. You see in the attic of Stu's Attic, there is a box with track and a few more cars. The problem is that when I went to look for it, I couldn't find it. Will we ever see it? Heck if I know.

In the meantime I guess I'll keep searching for treasure!


2 comments:

  1. Sweet cars! Slot cars always make me think of that Batman '66 episode where Bruce and Dick are just gratuitously racing slot cars with Alfred and Aunt Harriet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I remember that episode! That track was HUGE (of course Bruce Wayne was a millionaire). As a kid, that's something that really stuck with you!

      Delete

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.