Sunday, December 19, 2021

Of Alien Kids and Super Cars

 For a few weeks I've been featuring several "supercars" from the 1960's. In all those discussions I didn't mention a really cool thing that happened a few years ago.

You see, at that time my daughter, Jessica, got a job at The State Fair of Texas. Was she making corny dogs? Was she running a ride? Was she scamming kids at a "try your luck" booth? Nope. Nope. Nope. 

She was an alien. 

In fact, she was a Mazda Alien. You know, to show off cars in the Automotive Building. But that, cool as it is, isn't the coolest part. 

You see, there were some very special cars there. Take a look at this picture:


Yep, that's my daughter...standing next to the Green Hornet's Black Beauty. 

But wait! What's that to the left??? 

The Monkeemobile!

And what's to the right???

Well if you have eagle eyes you can make it out. 

So, my daughter got to hob-nob with custom car royalty! Somewhere I have more pictures of them. I did take a zillion. But this is my favorite.

Hopefully, I can find the others.

I guess until next time, I'll keep searching for treasure!

7 comments:

  1. Cool kid! Cool cars!

    Thanks for sharing these, Stu, I hope you find the others and share them, too.

    Btw, does Jessica know you posted this picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crow! Rubbing fenders with some of the greats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sue...
    and no, she doesn't. She never reads my blog anyway, lol!
    Indeed, Melissa, indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Lou and Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! She's a cool kid! (Who's about to turn 32, lol!)

      Delete

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.