Sunday, September 26, 2021

A Couple of Goofy Guys!

 Ok, maybe just a couple of Goofys...er, Goofies...er Goofi...You get my point. 

Anyway, I picked both of these up at estate sales. The first one is from Marx. Here he is:



He's about five inches tall and is solid molded plastic. At first glance, one might think he's a Disneykin, but he's simply too big. Marx made a whole line of the large figures...but most of them aren't painted. That makes this one strange. I have heard of them, but can find almost nothing on them. He's from the 1960s.

Here's another view:


I know even less about the next one. He's slightly smaller at about four inches tall, and is jointed. He is simply marked "Walt Disney Productions." I'm pretty sure he's from the 1970s, and he's based on a slightly different model. Here he is:


And another view:


And the comparison view (just to cover all the bases).


Which do I like better?

 Both!

Ok, that may seem like a cop out, but they are so different, I think it's ok. 

They happily live on my bookcase shelf, and make me smile. So, even though they aren't worth a whole lot, they do their job well!

Until next time, keep searching for treasure!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.