Saturday, April 21, 2018

Building a Garage...

This week we're going to give the Hot Wheels a little rest and look at the estate sale find from a couple of weeks ago. This car was one of three that I bought for 50 cents each. The other two ended up being worth about 10 bucks each...this one was over 20 times that!

So, how do you display a car that valuable? Well, you don't have it in a cardboard box with a bunch of other cars (which was how I found it). You need a display that says "I'm something special!" However, I also didn't want to spend a fortune on it. Hobby Lobby came to the rescue!

Step one: buy a pretty cool Camaro by M2. Use your 40% off coupon!

Out of the cardboard box, you can see what I was really after a little better. Although the car is cool, I bought it for the case!

As you can see, there is even a place for the name of the car!

A little time with the ol' printer and the M.G. has a new home! Easy as pie!
And there you have it! It's now happily on my mantel. Don't worry about the Camaro. It's also happy...on my bookcase...without a case...

So there you have it! A bargain displayed in a bargain! Never underestimate the value of being cheap!

Until next time, keep searching for treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.