Sunday, April 15, 2018

1971 Goes on....

Here are the next three! We're getting very close to a "problem area" in the collection, but we'll whistle past the graveyard and bravely go on!

I had the Jet Threat when I was a kid. Who wouldn't want a car that's 75% jet engine? It has a hatch in the middle that opens to expose an orange turbine. Do jet engines really have those? Heck, I don't know, but it's cool anyway!

This is the Mongoose II. The Mongoose I was red. This is blue. So now you know...

While we're on the subject of Mongooses (Mongoosi?), this is the Mongoose Rail Dragster. The clear "wheelie wheels" in the back work, since there is a weight in the rear that can make this car pop a wheelie when a hook is engaged. Interestly enough, although it is considered a "redline" car, it doesn't actually have redline wheels. There is also a version of this car that has clear front wheels. Whew, that's a lot of info...
So there you have it for this week! If you want to see all of my cars in my 1968, 1969, and 1970 collections, you can look back through earlier Stu's Attic posts.

Until next time, keep searching for treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.