Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Serving Up Some Disney...Part Two

Well, after I posted last week's look at a couple of trays, I noticed that I actually have a couple more. I've had these longer than last week's examples. I picked them up years ago at a toy show...So here you go!


First, we have this Disneyland tray from around 1967-1970. I think it's from that time frame due to the Pirates of the Caribbean being included in the images. It opened in 1967.  I also think this had to be made within a couple of years of the Walt Disney World tray I featured last week, since they are pretty much identical.


Next, we have a very early Walt Disney World tray in the style of the World's Fair tray I shared last week. I know that it's early because when WDW was first opening, they went out of their way to highlight other attractions in Florida to draw as many people as possible. I really like the characters playing on the beach!

As an added bonus, I give you this:

This is an unused first year EPCOT window sticker from 1982! I like the old-style graphics. This is from when EPCOT actually had a mission to educate and entertain folks...unlike now where they just cram in whatever intellectual property they think will sell tickets (I'm looking at YOU, Frozen and Guardians of the Galaxy!) Unfortunately, "vision" is not something the current batch of imagineers seems to possess.

Anyway, there you go! Once again, if these items didn't say anything about Disney, I never would have looked twice at them.

Until next time, keep searching for treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.