Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Serving Up Some Disney

Sometimes I get Disney items just because they are Disney items. I might not care much about the item, but if it ties in with Disney, I'll snatch it up.

Case in point are these two serving trays that I got at a thrift store a while back...



The first tray is from 1964. It was made for the '64-'65 New York World's Fair. As any Disney nut worth his salt knows, this fair was a huge deal in Disney history. I will buy a NYSF item if it features a Disney related attraction, and this one does...The "Ford Motor" building featured an early People Mover type track and the dinos that now live by the Disneyland train tracks.


The second tray comes from seven years later. I'm pretty sure this one dates from Walt Disney World's first year because all of the attractions pictured were there the first year, the logo used is the original one, and it is a direct takeoff on a Disneyland tray from the same time. I like the vintage illustrations of the park!

So there you have it. If these had just been trays, I never would have looked twice at them. However, slap some Disney on there, and now they live with me! That's called successful marketing!

Until next time, keep searching for treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.