Monday, April 24, 2017

One of the Coolest Slot Cars Ever!

In the mid 1960's tv and kids everywhere were swept up into Bat-Fever! ABC had a suprise hit on their hands with their campy "Batman" series, and people just couldn't get enough of it!

The real star of the show was the George Barris designed Batmobile. There were plastic models, toys, and artwork everywhere that featured the modified Futura showcar.

Aurora came out with a slotcar version that, if you can find it today, will set you back a huge chunk of change. Fortunately, the thrifty collector has another way of owning a lightning fast ho scale slot Batmobile! I give you this:

The Auto World Batmobile slotcar captures all of the excitement of the original!

The back of the package features a write up.

The car can be removed from the package.

The "Robin" side of the car.

All in all, this is a very faithful model to the original

...even down to the afterburner in back!

The real workings. Check out the size of those rear slicks! 
I bought my car at Hobby Lobby about six years ago. However, I checked and you can still find them on eBay, in the package, for about twenty bucks! What a deal!

I've never actually run mine on a track (I think my track is in the attic...go figure) but I have fired up the motor with a nine volt battery, and she screams! Most of the time she sits quietly on the bar with her other Batmobile cousins (Corgi, Playart, Hot Wheels, etc...)

So, if you can't afford an original of something, you might want to consider a re-release!

Until next time, keep searching for treasure!

1 comment:

  1. I've got an autoworld Batmobile en route as we speak.
    I've got a few other HO slot cars as well. Still running then after all of these years.

    ReplyDelete

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.