Thursday, February 2, 2017

Welcome, Foolish Mortals....

My favorite attraction at Disneyland and Walt Disney World is probably the Haunted Mansion. I have been known to ride it six times in one trip. I just can't seem to get enough of its blend of creepy and funny that only Disney could pull off.

Of course, over the years I have collected various HM related items, ranging from posters to snow globes to watches to shirts...etc...etc... When I was wonderding what to show you from the Attic this week, a couple of things caught my eye...

First, we have a "Doom Buggy!" As you may know, Doom Buggies are the ride vehicles that take you on your tour of the mansion. In this die-cast version, Micky and Goofy are finding an unexpected Hitchhiking Ghost riding along!

This is buggy number "13" because....why wouldn't it be?

Boo!!!

The front of the buggy even opens like on the real ones!
 Next we have a die-cast model of something that sits in front of the WDW mansion...the Black Hearse with invisible horse!

The hearse in the original packaging.

...and out of it! It's hard to see the horse...of course...
So there you have it! To of my favorite HM items....but not my coolest. I think I'll show you those in a future post!

Until next time, keep searching for treasure!

2 comments:

  1. I have both of these, and they come out every Hallowe'en along with the early-2000s Haunted Mansion playset to help decorate the living room. My youngest has logged hundreds of hours carefully playing with the HM playset, although for some reason it usually ends up being overrun with 1/72 scale 1970s Airfix figures.

    Does your doom buggy have packaging that indicated it glows in the dark? Mine is marked that way, but I've never seen it glow. Maybe I need to put it in the microwave first.

    During our last move, the plastic window on the box for the hearse was pushed in and the lanterns on the hearse itself ended up being bent. I have not been able to get them back into shape. As my great grandmother used to say, "three moves is as good as a fire" when it comes to damage.

    I hate moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool! I wish I had the playset...maybe one day, lol! I've lost my Doombuggy package (how, I have no clue) but I seem to remember it saying it glowed. I've never tested it either! I don't recommend the microwave thing, though. It's much better to try to plug it into the wall outlet!
      Yikes on the lantern! I wouldn't trust myself to try to bend it back. I would snap it off...I just know it...
      "Three moves is as good as a fire." I like that...

      Delete

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.