Thursday, February 9, 2017

More Haunted Mansion Treasure....Plus One

Last week I shared a couple of items from my Haunted Mansion stash. However, as I said, those weren't my coolest items. Today, you get to see those!

It is no secret that there would not be a Haunted Mansion without the many creative Imagineers that willed it into being. The "big three" in my book would have to be Marc Davis, X. Atencio, and Rolly Crump. Granted, there were others who were just as, or even more important, but these three really set the tone for the attraction.

Of these three, I have items fron two. First, we have Rolly Crump.

Signed Rolly Crump artwork from the Museum of the Weird. The art in a print, the signature is real.
Rolly Crump worked on many Disney projects, but he was really allowed to go all out on the Museum of the Weird part of the Haunted Mansion. Even though the Museum didn't actually make it into the attraction, Mr. Crump's distinctive style is all over the architecture and furnishings.

Next, we have X. Atencio.

X is standing next to his HM tombstone which reads, Requiescat, Francies Xavier- No time off for good behavior- R.I.P.

You can read this one for yourself. 
X. Atencio actually wrote the script and words to the song for the Haunted Mansion! If you like Pirates better than ghosts, you might be interested to know that he did the same for the Pirates of the Caribbean ride!

All of these items hang in my office at work so they can inspire me during the day.

Now for the "plus one." Here is a signed album from Imagineer Ward Kimball to director George Pal that I just happen to have in my collection. Enjoy!

Quite a story here...but I already wrote about in in Shroudlines- the Blog!
Until next time, keep searching for treasure!

2 comments:

  1. I need to check in more often. I step away for a month or so and suddenly I'm confronted with more awesome in one post than I can handle. Give me a moment to catch my breath...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Thanks!
    Welcome back, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.