Monday, August 8, 2016

A Little Trip To Plasticville

Hello, Attic Searchers! This week we're going to jump on the train and take a little ride to Plasticville! All aboard!

Of course the train we are getting on is HO scale, as is Plasticville. You really have to stoop in these doorways! Still there is a charm here that can't be denied.

I actually have a pretty good collection of HO trains and accessories. Unfortunately, most are boxed up and stored in the closet. Still, I keep my eyes peeled for more vintage stuff. One day I'll have the greatest train layout you ever saw! Well, in my eyes anyway.

You see, I'm not like a lot of train buffs who want everything to be perfectly to scale and everything to run like the real railroads. Instead, I like a little charm and toy fun mixed in. That's why I like brand names like Tyco and Plasticville. Accurate? Not really. Fun? Yup!

Over the summer I bought a box of odds and ends from the 1960's and 1970's. There was some junk in there, but there was also some good stuff. I'm going to share some of the good stuff with you. Here we go!

The Plasticville School might not hold many students, but it looks just like a school should.

This barn (also Plasticville) is a bit more complex than most Plasticville structures. Still, it's pretty simple.

With "Mid-Century Modern" being all the craze now, this ranch style house fits right in. These buildings are all from the early 1960's. 

A traditional home was also in the box. Bachman and Lifelike have continued to release these same kits for years, so the price isn't high if you wanted to pick up a couple.

A Tyco car.

And another one. This is actually an automatic unloading car. Unfortunately, the dock wasn't in the box. Still, it will ride the rails as is with no problem.

This is my second example of this car. I got the first one when I was ten in my first Tyco train set.

I really like this car. Tyco had a large line of advertising cars. I have collected several of them over the years.

One of the big reasons that I bought the box was this engine. The front is powered and the back is a dummy. They are by Tempo, not Tyco.
So there you go! I got a lot of other odds and ends as well. Not bad for under fifteen bucks. I'll store them away and wait until I get time to start my empire!

Until next time, keep searching for treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.