Monday, September 25, 2023

Got a Tiger By the Tail!

 Hey ho, Atticites!

This week we have an item that I picked up when I was about 10 years old. I was in a toy store called "Toys by Roy" in Mesquite, Tx when I spotted a really cool tank! Here it is!


This is the die cast metal Solido Tiger tank from WWII. I bought it not because I really knew anything about WWII, but because it looked really cool to a ten year old! It was one of those "display case" items that the store employees needed to get for you, so that added to the "cool factor."


The detailing is really nice...


The thing that has always impressed me about it is that it has real metal tracks that work!


As you can see by the bottom, it was made in France. I think the numbers indicate that it was originally made in 1969, although I would have bought it in about 1972.

Here it is next to a match stick to give you a sense of the size. By the way, this thing is fairly massive, weighing in at just under a pound. That's a lot of metal!

It now sits in my glass display case. I'll hang onto it and pass it on to my daughter with my other "treasures." Hopefully she'll care about some of them, lol!

Until next time, keep searching for treasure!

2 comments:

  1. Stu, your tank is in great shape, for being about 50 years old. I think it's fun that you kept it all these years, and I bet your daughter will treasure it, especially because it was yours. Thanks for sharing.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    It's pretty much a solid hunk of metal, so it's lasted well.
    I hope she will!

    ReplyDelete

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.