Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Racing Corgis!

 First, I know this post is late. Our almost 15 year old Lab mix is not doing well, so the last few days have been spent at vet offices and doggie hospitals. We're home now, and I wish I could day she's doing much better, but she really isn't. 

Anyway, I suddenly realized that I had forgotten to post. So I quickly snapped so pictures and....here ya go!

My treasure this week is a Corgi toy from 1972. I actually had this car as a kid, but I seem to remember it having a very unfortunate accident...or three. But eBay can give you back all your childhood junk...for a price.

The price this time wasn't too bad (under 10 bucks, I think) and it came with THE BOX! I knew what I had to do. I jumped on it! 

Here is my replaced childhood car:

                            In the box!!!
It cost 2.50 in 1972, which is just over 16 bucks today. Corgis have always been expensive!
The back of the box showing the other cars in the series.
This is model number 151. All Corgis have a number.
The bottom of the box showing 1972.
The Yardly McLaren out of the box!
The bottom of the car. It even has the scale. And, of course, Made in Great Britain.

So there you have it! I'm pretty sure that this one isn't going to have any horrible accidents. At least not at my hands! 

Until next time, keep searching for treasure!

2 comments:

  1. Stu, it sure is fun to purchase brand-new treasures - to replace the missing ones from our past. And to shop from home and then have them delivered right to your door - you can’t beat that. I’m glad you found this one and shared it with us. I like the name ‘Corgi Whizzwheels’!

    Btw, I am sooo sorry to hear about your beloved pet. My heart aches just thinking about what you’re going through. I’m so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like that it was tested by the Corgi Technocrats! What does that mean? I don't know!

    Thanks for the kind words on Alex the Dog. She's generally comfortable, so that's good. We really get attached to our "fur babies!"

    ReplyDelete

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.