Monday, January 3, 2022

A New Year and New Cars...1957!

 Ok, so the cars may be 65 years older than the new year, but they were new at the time this brochure was printed by Ford/Mercury! We picked this gem up in a load of other auction items a long time ago, and I think it's pretty neat-o. I'll let you look through it...








 As you can see, it's actually one sheet that's folded to make a booklet. 

The items that stand out to me are the push button gear selection (my dad had a car with that, but I can't remember what kind it was), the 290 HP (which seems like a lot for the time), and how long and sleek these craft were! The graphics are fantastic, by the way!

You know, the '57 Chevy Bel Air gets all of the love from the classic car guys, but I think I'd really rather have one of these beauties. They look far more comfortable and stylish. If I had been car shopping in 1957 (which would be a miracle because I wasn't born until five years later) these would have caught my eye and tempted my wallet. 

Did I mention that we didn't even know this was in the stuff we bought? Sometimes treasure finds you!

Until next time, keep searching for treasure!

5 comments:

  1. Stu, I commented a couple days ago..but I see it hasn’t posted??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Blogger's being weird. I don't have any record of it.
    I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No need to be sorry, Stu. I decided to now try to comment from my laptop, instead of my cell. So let's see if this gets to you.

    These cars were so much more colorful than today's cars and so much roomier. That station wagon even comes with its own diving deck on top. How cool is that?! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need to be sorry, Stu. I decided to now try to comment from my laptop, instead of my cell. So let's see if this gets to you.

    These cars were so much more colorful than today's cars and so much roomier. That station wagon even comes with its own diving deck on top. How cool is that?! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one worked! I just had to "approve" it. I do that so it will send me an email when someone comments...even on old posts.
    A diving deck is a great idea! I do remember how we all piled into those things and noone ever put on a seat belt and we drove for hundreds of miles! Now, that seems nuts (and don't even think about riding in the back of a pickup!)

    ReplyDelete

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.