Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Back to School...Bank

A few weeks ago I picked up a tin bank at an estate sale. I actually saw it and then came back the next day so I could get it for 75% off. So, for under ten bucks, I got this...



This is the Metal Toy Mfg Company PS 23 tin bank from around the early 1940s. It measures five inches by four inches. The really cool thing is that this is a lollipop display for a store. Kids would put their penny in the slot and then select a lollipop from the holes in the top.

There are actually two versions of this bank. The more common (and slightly newer) version has snow on the roof and more lollipop holes. This blue roof version is pretty hard to find.

All in all it's not a bad addition to my bank collection. Since I've been working in public schools for almost three decades, I guess it really fits me. And to think I almost didn't get it because I was feeling cheap. Still, it was meant to be and it was waiting for me the next day!

Until next time, keep searching for treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.