Sunday, May 6, 2018

Custom Customs...

When you collect tiny cars for a long time you may find that you have a whole lot of the same (very common) cars. They might come in a box that had something you wanted in it, or maybe they were priced at a garage sale for ten cents and....well, come on, TEN CENTS.

A few years ago I took three cars that I had tons of, some bondo, some super glue, some paint, and a Dremel tool and, in a fit of really weird creativity, made the following...


The first one was actually pretty tame. A quick wheel swap, jack up the back, slap a blower on the hood and there ya go!


The second one was pretty conservative too, in a way. However, it did take more work. I took two 1957 Chevys and cut them in half....Well, not exactly in half. I was going for the stretch limo look...


Which brings us to this...thing. what do you do with the other parts after you make a limo? Glue 'em together into a '57 Chevy Super Short! I actually like this one the best!

I soon got tired of chopping up Hot Wheels so these were the only ones I did. Still, it's kind of fun to have them around.

Until next time, keep searching for treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.