Friday, August 28, 2026

Something That Popped Up!

 I was at an estate sale in my neighborhood tje other day and I spotted something I hadn't seen before- a popup book for the New York World's Fair! Here it is!


I did a little (very little) research on it, and apparently Peter and Wendy also appeared as paper dolls in "Peter and Wendy Get Dressed for the New York World's Fair." Yes, I think that sounds boring too. But anyway, lets take a look at this little gem...


My main interest in the New York World's Fair is Disney's involvement, but this book is pretty light on Disney attraction mentions. In fact, this page has the only one, and it's in passing, by mentioning the magic car ride Disney did for Ford. That's it. No more...


On the rest of the pages we get fairly generic takes on various fair areas. I would not hire Peter and Wendy as on the spot reporters.


The "popups" are only on every other page, which makes sense when you think about how the book is constructed. Some of the popup pages worked better than others, which is understandable for a 62 year old kid's book.










Wow! That was just like going to the real fair! Ok, no it wasn't. But it is a nifty little official item from 1964. 

My book isn't in great shape, but it's not terrible. These go for about 20 bucks in this condition, so my five buck splurge seems pretty good regardless of the condition. 

Until next time, keep searching for treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.