Monday, November 20, 2023

Have I Got a Deal For You!

 This week we have another fun game that I picked up at a thrift store a few years ago! By the way, that's one of the great things about Boomer board games, you can STILL find them at thrift stores! Anyway, I knew of this game as a kid, but I had to wait a few decades to actually play it. The game? Dealer's Choice!

This Parker Brothers game came out in 1972. Like King Oil, you take on a career and try to be the best at it! This time, though, you aren't a high rolling oil executive, but rather a rather slimy (if you want to be) used car lot owner! Let's look closer, shall we?

The bottom of the box gives you a little more info on the point of the game.


This is what you see when you open the box.


I like the picture of the little old lady burning out in the Corvette!


The round plastic thing is actually just an organizer for the game cards and money. It does come in handy, though.


Here are a few of the Auto cards. As you can see, you can deal in a few highly unusual rides! I'm enough of a car nut that I get a kick (and a chuckle) from these!


Ok, remember that "slimy" comment I said? Well, the Dealer's Choice cards are what let you do that. They also let you run a legit business. The choice is indeed, the dealer's!


Want insurance? (Hint: yes you do.) Hopefully you'll get good insurance. Fly By Night ain't good. Words to the wise.


Every good 60s and 70s game has a good gizmo to it, and even though the big orange plastic organizer is flashy, the real star is the "Official Blue Book." This controls and randomizes the most important aspects of the game! How? Let's look at the instructions!

A note on these instructions: My copy of the game was missing the instructions. However, our friend Mr. Google can often help find old game instructions! A quick search, a press of the "print" button and there ya go!






So, how fun is this game? Well pretty darn fun! I might like it more because I really like cars,  but the wheeling and dealing and good and bad luck are just plain fun to me! You are able to buy and sell vehicles that you never could (and some that you would never want to) own! All in all, not a bad way to kill about an hour.

So, if you happen to see a copy at a garage sale or a thrift store, maybe make a deal and bring it home! It's a winner! You can trust me! 

Until next time, keep searching for treasure!

6 comments:

  1. Ha! I've never seen this game before, Stu. I think it would be fun with some crazy friends. Do you know of any?? ;oD

    Hey, Stu, when I click on the instructions (or any of the pictures), I don't get a clear close-up, so I can't read them. I was hoping to be able to read the fun instructions on maybe how to be a slimy salesman. :o)

    Add this one to the stack of games for game night, please. Thank you!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, shoot! Mine come up clear when I select them...I'll try to figure it out. Good ol' Blogger...Sigh.
      Tis added!

      Delete
  2. Stu, I’m NOW looking at your posts on my cell, and AM able to click on your pictures—and the pictures ARE clear. (I was on my laptop, previously, and couldn’t do so.). I’ll be back later, when I have more time to read everything...

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do remember this game. I actually remember seeing it quite often in toy stores and toy sections of department stores. But I never had it, and never knew anyone who had it. It's nice to see what it actually looked like inside the box and what it was all about. Thanks, Stu!

    - TokyoMagic!

    ReplyDelete

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.