Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Coincidence in Denison

I have shared this story on Facebook before, but I thought I would put it in my blog, so here goes...

A number of years ago I was looking around in an antique mall in Denison when I found this:


It was a little grubby and worn, but it held a very special meaning for me. You see, my family went here! In fact, here we are!


Here are my folks again:


Yep, my dad was the music director, and my mom played the piano! By the way, this is where we lived:


1223 Woodlawn Circle. We were the first family to live in that house. It actually looks pretty much the same as it did when lived there...on the outside anyway. I have a feeling the inside might have been updated over the years. By the way, my phone number isn't HO5-3879 any more...

So, I was pretty excited to find this little item! I didn't notice the coincidence until a little later. You see, Dick and Marian Ringgold and their kids were our next door neighbors and good friends. They also went to church with us. That's why it was a shock to see this on the inside cover:


Yep, Richard T. Ringgold. After about 45 years, the directory found it's next door neighbor. Pretty wild, huh?

They say that once you've lived in Denison, Denison will always remember you. I think this kind of makes that point.

Until next time, keep searching for treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.