Monday, March 28, 2016

Of Short British Dogs and Flying British Cars

This week I climbed up in the attic and brought down a nifty little gem. Let me present the Corgi Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!


As a kid, I had a pretty good collection of Corgi toys. What can I say, I was an only child with cool parents, so even though the cars were a little pricey, I had a few. One of my favorites was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! That original car was a work of art. The detailing was perfect and (in Corgi Toy tradition) it had added play features. When the hand brake was moved the wings popped out and you were ready to cruise the sky!

That original car met the fate of many childhood toys (exactly what that was, I can't remember, but it is gone). Then in 1992, Corgi released a 25th anniversary edition! This car seems to be the exact model that was released in 1967, with the addition of a wooden base and a collector book. They flew off the shelf pretty quickly (get it?), and and are very hard to find now. I was lucky enough to grab one when it first came out, and it sits proudly on my wet bar....That is, when its not flying through the air going on great adventures!

Until next time, keep looking for treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.