Monday, August 1, 2016

Sweet Sixteen Hot Wheels...Part Two

Welcome back to the attic! This week we are going to look at the other eight cars from Hot Wheels original 1968 "Sweet Sixteen." So let's just jump right in!

The Custom Mustang proved that Mattel didn't always just give the love to GM!

...as does the Custom T-Bird. Gotta love the side pipes!

The Custom Volkswagen has always been a personal favorite. The front mounted engine and sliding moon roof are just straight out cool!

The Deora with its removable surf boards is always popular. This color is called "antifreeze."

Another Ford entry, the J-Car has an opening rear hood.

I love the Hot Heap. You can never lose with a Ford Model T.

The Python is actually based on a real car- The Car Craft Dream Car. I don't think the Dream Car had the exposed engine, though.

The Silhouette is the Beatnik Bandit's big brother, I guess...
 So there you go! All of these cars bring back great memories for me. As I said, I'm still collecting, and am about halfway through 1971. I'm stuck on an Olds 442...because they're EXPENSIVE. Still, I'll get there. My plan is to go through 1973, when the cars lost their spectra-flame paint and started losing their red-line wheels. Hey, it keeps me out of trouble!

Until next time, keep searching for treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apparently Blogger doesn't like people commenting from anything but a computer. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. If your comment doesn't go through, please try from a computer. Thanks.